Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Cross

On this Saturday night before Resurrection Sunday tomorrow I've been contemplating the cross and what it means to me. In the past Easter has just been kinda a ritual to me...just something we do each year to celebrate the death and Resurrection of Christ. I had gotten it down to where it was just a routine. We go to church Friday night for the somber Good Friday service. Saturday we have a chill day just like any other Saturday except that we dye eggs that night. Sunday morning we wake up to see what the Easter bunny has left on our front steps for us and then go to church where I get to read who all the Easter Lilies were dedicated to in the bulletin. Sunday afternoon we have a picnic lunch and Easter egg hunt at Pinnacle Mountain with friends. Sunday Evening is the Resurrection choir concert and then Monday everything is back to normal with school and everything else. But this year has been different.

God has really placed the importance of Good Friday and Easter on my heart this year. This is what those of us who have been saved are here for! We are on this earth to share this great story and wonderful news with the world! This should be a grand celebration and much anticipated weekend for those of us who are saved by the grace of God! And until this year it hasn't been for me. Thankfully the Lord chose to do a work in my heart these past few weeks though and He has really pressed it on my heart continually that this weekend was coming up and I needed to be prepared for it. The weeks leading up to it have been a time of dwelling on God's goodness and the precious gift of the death and resurrection of His only Son! What a beautiful gift!!! So, to wrap this up in these last few minutes before Resurrection Sunday begins I wanted to post the lyrics to "Lead Me to the Cross" by Hillsong. It has really meant a lot to me these past few weeks. What a wonderful Savior we serve!!!

Savior I come
Quiet my soul, remember
Redemption's hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where you blood poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to you
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and tried
Human
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

No comments:

Post a Comment